eztv.yt | eztvstatus.org
Search title:  
TV Packs only

Real Time With Bill Maher 2010 05 14 (HDTV-aAF)

Username:

Password:

Login Register
[ Forum » Episodes » Thread ]

Please login to reply
[#134352] Written by: Pleidian [15/05/2010, 05:54]
thanx!!!!
[#134360] Written by: WCK [15/05/2010, 06:26]
very good episode. the video did go blank for 2 seconds at 14:46 though.

the discussion on religion was very interesting. i wish bill could have done better at getting his
point across though. corey booker tried multiple times to discuss churches in new jersey 'making
transformative impacts on people's lives.' bill kept dismissing it, claiming that it was irrelevant.
what he should have done is simply ask why those churches are doing that. it's because they think
it'll score them points with god.

s.e. cupp was right in saying that many religious people are smart, nice and studies have shown that
religion gives people happiness, even bill points out in his movie that religious people are often
very smart in other subjects. their motivation to do these good things is what's deluded. that same
motivation is what leads to a lot of hate and violence. you should be doing good things because it's
the right thing to do. if you're doing it because you don't want to be struck by god's loving right
fist, or because you want special reserved vip seating next to jesus on cloud 9, then i got some
news for you: you're doing it wrong.
[#134366] Written by: WCK [15/05/2010, 07:18]
i'd also like to add that i have my suspicions of s.e. cupp really being atheist. she
defends theists so strongly. she claims to disbelieve in a higher power, while saying that believing
there is one isn't a delusion. in overtime bill took a shot at her, saying her next book will be
called "finding my religion", to which she fired back with "why are you so mad at god?"
i hope this doesn't sound crazy, but i get the feeling this chick is a closet theist dressing up as
atheist to give a false impression that theism is plausible and acceptable.
[#134422] Written by: antiterra [15/05/2010, 19:07]
Quote by wck
i'd also like to add that i have my suspicions of s.e. cupp really being atheist. she
defends theists so strongly. she claims to disbelieve in a higher power, while saying that believing
there is one isn't a delusion. in overtime bill took a shot at her, saying her next book will be
called "finding my religion", to which she fired back with "why are you so mad at god?"
i hope this doesn't sound crazy, but i get the feeling this chick is a closet theist dressing up as
atheist to give a false impression that theism is plausible and acceptable.

that wouldn't be such a stretch. maybe bill read her wikipedia page before the show: "on april 28, 2010 she appeared on
the fox news show "hannity" to promote the book. during the interview she stated that she does not believe in god today,
but is open to possible conversion in the future."
...wait, what?

there's definitely a strange vibe about her, but that could be explained by her poor taste in "literature" (and i use the term
very loosely): hannity, glenn beck, sarah palin, huckabee, all featured on the main page of her website.
apparently, she also likes life after death: the evidence, and what's so great about christianity, by dinesh d'souza, an
attention whore who's a slightly more educated version of your average fox news commentator. america's tarnished image
in the world? blame the left. 9/11? the left. abu ghraib? you guessed it: the left.

she makes an odd atheist indeed...
[#134435] Written by: Gouken [15/05/2010, 22:16]
atheists are happy to admit their mistakes - except they don't make mistakes because they're atheists. ae
[#134481] Written by: Dramat [16/05/2010, 10:06]
thanks 4 the up (!)

i am atheist and in my country over 80% of society is catholic. because of that religion is
obligatory subject in schools which is an arithmetic mean adds to your average grade. you can find
crosses all over public places (incuding parlament) and even in every classroom in all schools.
i think i don't have to write what our tv channels looks like.....

i would like one thing. if you belive - that's ok - just don't force it on me, please.
i think it's private matter whether i or you belive in something or not. and i think we should keep
it that way.
ssl  EZTV RSS EZTV Status | EZTV API | DMCA: [email protected]