IMMERSE no sound fix

Username:

Password:

Login Register
[ Forum » General » Thread ]

Please login to reply
[#139590] Written by: sCifI3001 [07/08/2010, 19:22]
Quote by somewhere else

i've read a bunch of comments and some on irc, along at many sites saying that immerse releases
are
all failing on such devices as wdtv, wd live, etc, and are even failing to be ran through
mkv2vob/tsmuxer and the only way they play is via vlc.....

pretty easy fix for it, but should not have to be done....

grab mkmerge for wdtv/and other players as well

use "--compression 2:none" to remove the header compression on the audio track 2.

there is really no option 2, is just the second option i believe, if not, just find the one that
says "no compression" and remove global tags, after it does it's thing, all fixed

[#166025] Written by: God [03/09/2011, 13:36]
stop spamming.
[#199759] Written by: Cyberchip [08/05/2013, 13:14]
note!!! regarding some, if not all, immerse versions which require a codec download have issues with
the codec installer. the codec installer, as of this date, contains pups (potentially unwanted programs),
the installer will attempt to install a search engine, and a toolbar. as i didn't install, i don't know if it
also installs a workable codec. refusal to install these pups result in no installation, and of course, no
codec. eztv may want to consider whether it will continue to allow this. i consider it socially unethical,
and a questionable security hazard. simply choose another torrent.

i understand from the other post that there is an issue that could be resolved; however, with no
information or way to comment or verify the download as functional; i would recommend their removal
from this site voluntarily. until then, i guess we take our chances, waste bandwidth, and wait for an
official response.

[#199760] Written by: BoonesFerry [08/05/2013, 13:36]

this thread was written nearly two years ago.
[#139590] written by: scifi3001 (moderator) [07/08/10, 19:22]
3 of the 4 links are 404. the 1 link that does go somwehere...only gives information, not a download.

this post does not require a codec download.
eztv torrents do not reauire a codec download.
immerse releases do not require a codec download.
what were you doing or what did you click on that
required you to donwload a codec?

[#199765] Written by: Cyberchip [08/05/2013, 15:01]
i downloaded the torrent using utorrent, i played the file in gom, and gom says it needs codec ac3filter
2.5b which contains pups. evolve also does this... so, if they work fine in your player, i suggest that the
settings are such that it's designed by someone who hates gom.... perhaps?

and, i might suggest that since no one monitors reads, other than count, perhaps there are ongoing issues
with some players, and the codec, which is obviously ac3, but may not be standard is indeed pointing
people to a codec which is not a codec but is actually a trojan. so, i'm sorry i didn't clarify earlier, this is
a current issue with gom players who do not have ac3filter2.5b; and unfortunately i don't have any
reliable sources of codces... and i obviously can't trust the gom auto codec suggestion, i will also report
this to gom.

i appreciate any help on this.
two torrents & subsequent files in question are:
the.walking.dead.s03e02.720p.hdtv.x264-immerse.mkv
the.walking.dead.s03e03.720p.hdtv.x264-evolve.mkv
[#199766] Written by: Cyberchip [08/05/2013, 15:35]
Quote by boonesferry

this thread was written nearly two years ago.
[#139590] written by: scifi3001 (moderator) [07/08/10, 19:22]
3 of the 4 links are 404. the 1 link that does go somewhere...only gives information, not a download.

while that, being true, doesn't mean there is no issue with the files being downloaded. i admit i'm not
savvy enough in the process to exactly know what is being pushed to the download and how. and as
such, do not know why gom is requesting the codec; but, the codec request is being issued by gom on
the file, they are the only files... both immerse and evolve files do this, and the codec being offered
as the standard by gom and their helpful codec finder.
but, from my end, i have filed a report with gom, and i guess their reply will determine what type of
issue that exists. my post is meant to be informative, and i, again, apologize for not mentioning my
player, i hope this and the other response remedies the problem. i am using the latest utorrent &
gom release, so.... the problem definitely exists somewhere in the process. and my years of
experience have taught me, my problems i experience after years of it work do not find me an
isolated event, nor without good company. with the help of good and interested people, we will point
the finger in the correct direction wherever that may be, my only desire.... to fix the issue. apparently,
the computer is very good at letting other 3rd parties make competition look bad... ask microsoft, and
the their monopoly lawsuit, and netscape, and wordperfect about how they did that. so i suspect a
competitor has infiltrated the system and is making a competitor look bad.

[#200286] Written by: Cyberchip [17/05/2013, 22:01]
for reasons which are no longer given nowadays by any internet site (communication and response
lags with many or may not exist at all) the file offered by gom coded finder site was a trojan of some
kind and did not contain the codec expected. however, that is now fixed, and when running the file, all
that is needed, if one has any ac3 type codec already installed, is *that* codec 2.5b or whatever i said
above in the preceeding posts.

and, like all links and files today; no one generally has a record of what filled in the spot before than. i
guess being the kind of guy that often says, "i'm not looking to place blame; just fix it." that's exactly
what i got, so... all one needs is the codec, if one has ac3 codecs, and if one doesn't perhaps one may
need the driver for it; otherwise, other files are superfluous.

so, boones ferry was correct in that theoretically, one shouldn't need anything special for .mkv files;
apparently with gom this version didn't come standard.

so, thanks for the patience.
[#205061] Written by: Robert Paulson [18/09/2013, 00:33]
on another note regarding immerse torrents, has anyone noticed the sound level is considerably lower
than many other uploads?

i know it's not a major issue, and that is what the volume button is for, but personally i avoid
downloading immerse files due to this.

shame really.