eztv.yt | eztvstatus.org
Search title:  
TV Packs only

Not able to connect to trackers/dht and unable to get shows?

Username:

Password:

Login Register
[ Forum » Admin's Corner » Thread ]

Please login to reply
[#160127] Written by: sCifI3001 [18/05/2011, 04:55]
Quote by salmonella
okay scifi3001, if you really believe that users are so stupid,

so, explain it to us, you all-knowing guru, and be very specific for each client.

i used the word uneducated, not as a sign of stupidity, but as a sign or they havent learnt yet . .

we all started with no knowledge, we all went out and learnt how to do stuff, each time i change
router or client or os etc, i have to learn how to use them, until i do, i am uneducated

i suppose for a more generalised term i should have used the word 'inexperienced' but then someone
else will take offence to that word also

as i stated in (either this or another thread) i hadn't used my bittorrent client for a few years
and wanted to see what the problem was with eztv torrents that everyone was complaining about, i put
a cpl in my client, and was maxing out my connection within minutes, so yes, my client/pc/router
were all set up correctly years ago, but i also had to learn how to do that, there are help pages on
all the clients' home pages, there is router specific help at portforward.com these and many other
sites have step by step tutorials for everything, individually explaining to every person what has
already been written many times would be a a waste.
[#160150] Written by: salmonella [18/05/2011, 09:21]
Quote by scifi3001
Quote by salmonella
okay scifi3001, if you really believe that users are so stupid,

so, explain it to us, you all-knowing guru, and be very specific for each client.

i used the word uneducated, not as a sign of stupidity, but as a sign or they havent learnt yet . .

we all started with no knowledge, we all went out and learnt how to do stuff, each time i change
router or client or os etc, i have to learn how to use them, until i do, i am uneducated

i suppose for a more generalised term i should have used the word 'inexperienced' but then someone
else will take offence to that word also

as i stated in (either this or another thread) i hadn't used my bittorrent client for a few years
and wanted to see what the problem was with eztv torrents that everyone was complaining about, i put
a cpl in my client, and was maxing out my connection within minutes, so yes, my client/pc/router
were all set up correctly years ago, but i also had to learn how to do that, there are help pages on
all the clients' home pages, there is router specific help at portforward.com these and many other
sites have step by step tutorials for everything, individually explaining to every person what has
already been written many times would be a a waste.

you're dodging the issue. if i can download shows last week using my perfectly good client that
supports udp (and i was using udp to do it), then i should still be able to do it this week, since
nothing has changed.

but the fact is, i can't, and that points to a problem with eztv, not the user or the client. so,
you go get yourself a mac and download transmission, then tell us all how we're failing to set it up
properly, when it worked before.

[#160158] Written by: CroMag [18/05/2011, 12:27]
Quote by novaking
well, this was a decision we decided to make, we knew some people would be using
shitty old clients,
and we knew some vpns/proxies don't handle udp forwarding. of course you are welcome to add http
trackers yourself, we are not stopping you. but we will continue to only provide dht/udp trackers...
we are looking towards the future, and we apologises if this affects some people in the process.
things will only get better and you guys wouldn't even remember what this was even about.

again, we will not be putting http trackers back into our releases. so asking us to do so is simply
wasting your time.

novaking is absolutely right that this is mainly an issue with one of two things:

1. using a shitty old client
2. using a vpn/proxy that does not support udp.

the only reason i even brought it up was to beg for mercy from eztv to keep http trackers for a
little longer. not due to a shortcoming of eztv, but rather to cover a shortcoming of using a
shitty proxy who i can't get to move out of the year 2005. i completely respect novaking's decision
as the core issue is with items 1 and 2 i list above. eztv has no obligation to cover for other's
screwed up shit.

so maybe others will come to the realization that i have.... usenet is your friend.

peace out
[#160160] Written by: abelard [18/05/2011, 13:19]
i'm glad this thread got started b/c i was wondering why so many eztv torrents no longer worked for me
(no peers, no seeds). b/c of this thread i have contacted my client's support team to ask if i can enable
udp trackers/dht.

but i still have a question, which is: why do some torrents work and some don't? the less "popular" ones,
like discovery channel shows from mvgroup, seem to connect to peers/seeds just fine. it's the network or
cable shows that don't.

this difference is what led to me initially to suspect that the nets were killing their shows' torrents off, not
that there was some change that eztv admins had made to the technical specs of their torrents.
[#160168] Written by: glaucon [18/05/2011, 16:07]
Quote by scifi3001

5 minutes to correctly set up your client, static ip, and portforward your router

well, my client is set up properly, as well as my router.
as for the static ip, i have no idea what you mean.

if you're referring to my ip as assigned by my isp (and modem, and router..) i cannot do that.
isp's here only work with adsl, and so.. no go there...

perhaps it would make sense if, as is normally the case when such administrative technical changes
are made, a notice were to be distributed so that we could all be so 'educated'(sic)....

[#160177] Written by: jlizard8623 [18/05/2011, 20:28]
is there a way of fixing the problem on my end? how do i support these trackers properly? up until
two months ago, i was downloading everything just fine but now it's a hit and miss. i have a mac and
am using transmission.

thanks in advance.
[#160181] Written by: GrimR [18/05/2011, 21:56]
hi,

i am trying to download "the secret life of an american teenager", of which i obtained the first 3
episodes just yesterday as usual.

today i cannot obtain the next 3 because i get:

"http://eztv.tracker.thepiratebay.org/announce actively refused"... blah blah.

does this have anything to do with this udp issue? (i have the latest utorrent and do not use
firewalls, or any other strange programs that might interfere).

strangely it will not allow me to add or remove any type of trackers... (it does it but nothing
shows or actually removes).
[#160184] Written by: salmonella [18/05/2011, 23:30]
but which version of transmission are you using? if it's v1.54, it does support udp, but you have to
set that up in preferences>network.

in other words, you have to open that panel, take that port number listed in the box for "peer
listening port:" and then open system preferences>sharing>firewall (assuming os x 10.4.11) and
open that port in the firewall for incoming traffic. then it <should> work, but there's no guarantee, as
i found out this week.

if you're using a newer version of transmission and os x, the procedure should be roughly the same,
so if that doesn't work either, then you're sol.

in that case, try downloading and using folx (as i did) and set it up to use the same port as you chose
for transmission, then try downloading the torrents with it. don't install the browser widgets it asks
about on first launch; download the torrent file to your desktop, then add them to folx using the
file>add torrent menu instead.
[#160215] Written by: mit [19/05/2011, 08:13]
i found out just before i had to repair the internet at a computer shop that sometimes if u r trying to
download 2 or more at the same time the tv shows go to dead mode --plz try one at a time mine went
from 0.1kb (if i was luckly) to 350kb--450kb on the one torret so i go from 1week for a torret to 10-
20mins .. try this see if it helps
[#160233] Written by: angryman [19/05/2011, 13:25]
bleh, just wanted to tell you this.

this kind of shit should be directly on frontpage news "hey update your torrent client" with
flashing lights. i really didn't expect that a working protocol like torrent would require me to
update my client more often than once in a five years. i had to come all the way to these forums to
figure it all out!
[#160247] Written by: rebelrosekesa [19/05/2011, 21:15]
so the problem i am having is that i can no longer download shows anymore. can someone help
pleasse,.....
[#160258] Written by: slaymer [19/05/2011, 23:58]
Quote by mit
i found out just before i had to repair the internet at a computer shop that sometimes if
u r trying to
download 2 or more at the same time the tv shows go to dead mode --plz try one at a time mine went
from 0.1kb (if i was luckly) to 350kb--450kb on the one torret so i go from 1week for a torret to 10-

lol
[#160273] Written by: mit [20/05/2011, 04:47]
Quote by slaymer
Quote by mit
i found out just before i had to repair the internet at a computer shop that
sometimes if
u r trying to

lol

i know its so sad but at lease i get to watch my shows now

-/cry
[#160298] Written by: webbermon [20/05/2011, 12:00]
Quote by novaking
all of our release (n.b. vtv and mvgroup make their own torrents) only contain udp
based trackers
and dht. now, if your client does not support udp trackers correctly, or does not have dht, then you
will not be able to connect and get any peer information. it is also known that some vpn services do
not handle udp correctly, and it is suggested you contact them and get them to fix the issue.

here is a list of the trackers we add to our torrents:

udp://tracker.openbittorrent.com:80
udp://tracker.publicbt.com:80
udp://tracker.istole.it:80
udp://tracker.ccc.de:80
dht://

so again, our torrents are working fine, and the issue is with the clients not supporting these
trackers properly.

my head is spinning with terms and processes that heretofore i was oblivious to. can somewhat dumb
it down for me, exactly what i need to do. i'm using utorrent, and under preferences, the check
marks next to udp and dht are indeed checked, so i'm at a loss as to what i'm doing incorrectly.
last time i used it was
saturday, and i had no issues.

thanks for any guidance provided.
[#160312] Written by: rebelrosekesa [20/05/2011, 16:10]
so what are supposed to do contact them? please intervene and fix the problem. i need to watch my
shows.
ssl  EZTV RSS EZTV Status | EZTV API | DMCA: [email protected]