TV Packs only

Blue Bloods S03E16 HDTV x264-LOL

Username:

Password:

Login Register
[ Forum » Episodes » Thread ]

Please login to reply
[#195754] Written by: robbieowallace [22/02/2013, 22:56]
audio/video is out of synch... (don't need vlc player advice, but thank you anyway)
[#195758] Written by: BoonesFerry [22/02/2013, 23:28]

@robbieowallace -- at what timestamp(s) and by how much?

anyone else experiece sync issues on this one?

[#195770] Written by: BoonesFerry [23/02/2013, 01:21]

once again i find myself downloading a show, a show that i don't normally watch, because someone
says it's out of sync. once again the claim is false. there is nothing wrong with this file.

scene rules regarding oos (out of sync):
audio that is is 120ms or more out of sync or drifts more than 120ms between any two points
(e.g. needing -80 at one and +40 at another) is considered to be technically flawed.
the sd x264 tv releasing standards 2012
http://scenerules.irc.gs/n.html?id=2012_sdtvx264u1.nfo

robbieowallace, you frequently post sync complaints that turn out to be false. please stop.
please stop making your isolated personal issues everyone else's issue.

[#195775] Written by: snusenx [23/02/2013, 04:31]
it is out of sync, and it is notably.
[#195776] Written by: snusenx [23/02/2013, 04:32]
i have seen this before.

very strange.
[#195777] Written by: crossmr [23/02/2013, 04:50]
yes, this is obviously out of sync..noticed it around 10 minutes in. when danny is talking to his
sister about the guy who punched the other guy.

this is out of sync in mpc only, vlc it seems to be fine.
could be some kind of encoding issue..

[#195779] Written by: BoonesFerry [23/02/2013, 05:44]

Quote by crossmr

exactly my point. it plays in vlc (and several other players) without sync issues.
obviously the file is fine or it would be oos (out of sync) in all players.

[#195780] Written by: BoonesFerry [23/02/2013, 05:48]
:censored:
[#195792] Written by: robbieowallace [23/02/2013, 13:56]
Quote by boonesferry

once again i find myself downloading a show, a show that i don't normally watch, because someone
says it's out of sync. once again the claim is false. there is nothing wrong with this file.

scene rules regarding oos (out of sync):
audio that is is 120ms or more out of sync or drifts more than 120ms between any two points
(e.g. needing -80 at one and +40 at another) is considered to be technically flawed.
the sd x264 tv releasing standards 2012
http://scenerules.irc.gs/n.html?id=2012_sdtvx264u1.nfo

robbieowallace, you frequently post sync complaints that turn out to be false. please stop.
please stop making your isolated personal issues everyone else's issue.

first of all booneferry.. i do not ever post a/v sync problems on eztv because they are rare,
especially with lol.. so that is a false accusation, on which i will only accept an apology.. second.. it
is out of sync, both on my computer and using roku media player... by now you have seen other
posts reporting the same issue... you, my friend, are always quick to criticize ... chill out.. shit happens
[#195795] Written by: robbieowallace [23/02/2013, 14:09]
Quote by snusenx
it is out of sync, and it is notably.

yes, it is, thank you for reporting it.. i wonder if a certain moderator will apologize to me for his quick
triggered criticism ?
[#195798] Written by: robbieowallace [23/02/2013, 15:13]

Quote by boonesferry
:censored:

yeah, who woulda thunk that after only reading one issue report that another user would report the
same issue? weird.....

[#195806] Written by: BoonesFerry [23/02/2013, 18:32]

any given release with thousands of downloads there will be a few people, a very small percentage,
who experience playback issues such as oos (out of sync). i have no reason to doubt that you
personally, and perhaps a few other people, expericed playback issues. there are many possible
causes for playback issues...most of which are isolated individual hardware/software setup issues, and
those issues can be resolved. the scene is not perfect, they do occasionally release a bad encode.
however, in this case, any oos beyond 120ms is not due to a bad encode of this file.

Quote by robbieowallace
first of all booneferry.. i do not ever post a/v sync problems on eztv
because they are rare, ... so that is a false accusation, on which i will only accept an apology

you emphasized that you "never" post a/v sync problems on eztv.
that statement is absolutely and unequivocally untrue.

i keep a list of reported playback issues. i also examine the subject files. over a period of time i can
see if particular people have a proven track record of being correct or being incorrect. your name
(robbieowallace) has come up several times as being incorrect. you reported the following files as being
corrupt or oos....when the issue is not with the file.

blue bloods s03e16 hdtv x264-lol
"audio/video is out of synch... (don't need vlc player advice, but thank you anyway)"
good cop s01e01 hdtv x264-river
"audio/video is out of sync... (no i don't want to use vlc player)"
homeland 2x04 (hdtv-x264-asap)
"the file is corrupt.. freezes during play "
hell on wheels 2x04 (hdtv-repack-x264-2hd)
"loses audio at 39:30... on computer. freezes at 39:10 on media player"

all four of these files were found to be fine. the issue is on your end.

again, i believe that you experienced playback issues but the issue is not with the file, the issue is
within your particular hardware/software setup. i have offered troublshooting steps in the past and
you chose to ignore them...so in my book, you don't get to report playback issues and not be called
out on them. at some point you should be asking yourself, why you experiencing oos and so many
other people are not.

for everyone else, with this particular release, if you are among the small percentage of people
experiencing more than 120ms oos then troubleshoot your setup...if you dont know how then ask
someone.

[#195811] Written by: robbieowallace [23/02/2013, 19:34]
Quote by boonesferry

any given release with thousands of downloads there will be a few people, a very small percentage,
who experience playback issues such as oos (out of sync). i have no reason to doubt that you
personally, and perhaps a few other people, expericed playback issues. there are many possible
causes for playback issues...most of which are isolated individual hardware/software setup issues, and
those issues can be resolved. the scene is not perfect, they do occasionally release a bad encode.
however, in this case, any oos beyond 120ms is not due to a bad encode of this file.

Quote by robbieowallace
first of all booneferry.. i do not ever post a/v sync problems on eztv
because they are rare, ... so that is a false accusation, on which i will only accept an apology

you emphasized that you "never" post a/v sync problems on eztv.
that statement is absolutely and unequivocally untrue.

i keep a list of reported playback issues. i also examine the subject files. over a period of time i can
see if particular people have a proven track record of being correct or being incorrect. your name
(robbieowallace) has come up several times as being incorrect. you reported the following files as being
corrupt or oos....when the issue is not with the file.

blue bloods s03e16 hdtv x264-lol
"audio/video is out of synch... (don't need vlc player advice, but thank you anyway)"
good cop s01e01 hdtv x264-river
"audio/video is out of sync... (no i don't want to use vlc player)"
homeland 2x04 (hdtv-x264-asap)
"the file is corrupt.. freezes during play "
hell on wheels 2x04 (hdtv-repack-x264-2hd)
"loses audio at 39:30... on computer. freezes at 39:10 on media player"

all four of these files were found to be fine. the issue is on your end.

again, i believe that you experienced playback issues but the issue is not with the file, the issue is
within your particular hardware/software setup. i have offered troublshooting steps in the past and
you chose to ignore them...so in my book, you don't get to report playback issues and not be called
out on them. at some point you should be asking yourself, why you experiencing oos and so many
other people are not.

for everyone else, with this particular release, if you are among the small percentage of people
experiencing more than 120ms oos then troubleshoot your setup...if you dont know how then ask
someone.

wow.. ok.. i pm'd you about this latest issue and told you i didn't appreciate being called out for
reporting a a/v sync issue.. so now you choose to post earlier comments of mine.. i would expect a
moderator of a torrent site to be more professional but fine.. how bout rather than we go back and
forth on what is getting to be more absurd by the minute i make the absolute statement that being a
moderator is a difficult task.. one that i have neither the patience nor the time to do well. we all
appreciate what you moderators do... in the 6+ years i have been a bit torrent user i have come
accross good mods and bad mods.. one thing for sure is that the site administrator almost always sides
with the moderator so, to that end, i will not engage in further argument with you.. (this should have
been done in private anyway) and thank you for the job that you do boonesferry... have a nice day

[#195827] Written by: crossmr [24/02/2013, 04:00]
Quote by boonesferry

Quote by crossmr

exactly my point. it plays in vlc (and several other players) without sync issues.
obviously the file is fine or it would be oos (out of sync) in all players.

fail at logic much?
why would thousands of other files which are also just fine, play without any sync issues in mpc?
players may interpret files in slightly different manners for playback, obviously something is
different in this file or else it would playback in sync just fine like hundreds and thousands of
other files do in all players. so no, the logical conclusion is that something is obviously
different with this file. is it serious enough to be nuked? no, but there is something actually
different with it which is causing a sync issue, which may actually be present in other players as
well. just because vlc can compensate for a flawed encode doesn't mean the file is just fine.

[#195830] Written by: BoonesFerry [24/02/2013, 05:15]

if you refuse to use a capable player, fine.
tens of thousands of people have no problem using a capable player.
quite simply, this file meets the standards set by 'the scene'.
eztv is a torrent group that provides torrents of 'scene' releases.
if you have a problem with that...take it up somewhere else.
i've heard enough on this subject.

unless you have something new and of great importance,
consider this thread closed.

ssl  EZTV RSS EZTV Status | EZTV API | DMCA: [email protected]