Username:

Password:

Login Register
[ Forum » Episodes » Thread ]

Please login to reply
[#215760] Written by: BoonesFerry [17/07/2014, 18:17]

show information page:
http://eztv.it/shows/1074/youre-the-worst/
show description, air dates, show resources, and torrent links.

[#215769] Written by: Fatesender [18/07/2014, 02:47]
i actually liked this.

don't know what it says about me ;p
[#215776] Written by: Turgor [18/07/2014, 07:50]
Quote by fatesender
i actually liked this.

don't know what it says about me ;p

it says that you're the worst ;p

i think i'm gonna skip this one...
[#215785] Written by: BoonesFerry [18/07/2014, 11:35]

different strokes for different folks.
i feel bad for those who are super critical and find no enjoyment in 99% of what's on tv these
days...and they feel the need to post negative comments on almost every new show. sometimes i
think it makes those who enjoy a show less likely to comment. yes there is a lot of crap tv and i
wish hollywood would up their game, but i don't feel like i need to slam every new show that
comes along. i only slam occasionally but then again, everyone is entitle to share their opinion.

[#215802] Written by: BoonesFerry [18/07/2014, 20:26]

show information page:
http://eztv.it/shows/1074/youre-the-worst/
show description, air dates, show resources, and torrent links.
updated: july 18, 2014

[#215811] Written by: itadaku [18/07/2014, 22:08]
Quote by boonesferry

i feel bad for those who are super critical and find no enjoyment in 99% of what's on tv these
days...and they feel the need to post negative comments on almost every new show.

well thanks for your sympathy but in many ways slagging of new shows especially when they rightly
deserve it is every tv pirate's right. it also gives the worthy efforts (think hbo except for
trueblood) more cudos. after all this highly capitalist, unsustainable and suspect society that has
evolved to the staus quo has some fundamental problems, and it ain't gunna be fixed by ramming more
garbage through the airwaves.

[#215820] Written by: ockraz [19/07/2014, 00:11]
Quote by aikousha
i kind of look at the comments here similar to the "water-cooler talk" that occurs
in some office environments... whether it be tv, politics or sports...
i find it good to hear the opinions of others, whether or not there is agreement. and the number of
files on our smarttv's hd is huge, the comments, good or bad, help us sort them for viewing.
just so you know... i find the comments here at eztv much more informative and relevant than
anything on imdb, and easier to access than a few other tv websites. so, keep it up eztv.
besides, other than my sig, and a couple of my select friends, there are very few people i can talk
tv to.

ditto, aikousha! :d

Quote by boonesferry
i feel bad for those who are super critical and find no enjoyment in 99% of
what's on tv these days...and they feel the need to post negative comments on almost every new show.

i get what you're saying, but i don't feel bad for them. tbh, i think they're just spoiled. there's
always been a mix of lots of mediocre entertainment, some complete garbage, and a few gems. we're in
a golden age with far more gems than ever. people who rant about the mediocre majority don't
appreciate just how good they have it.

Quote by itadaku
slagging of new shows especially when they rightly deserve it is every tv pirate's right.

there's a maxim from a well known critic - pauline kael ? - that it's more fun to write (and read) a
really savage review. writing a positive review that makes the reader understand what makes a good
film special and conveys a sense of enjoyment is hard. it takes effort and not a little skill.

anyway, who doesn't like to vent
[#215827] Written by: kirune [19/07/2014, 04:23]
rarely comment but mostly read the comments. and as #aikousha said previously, i partially guide
my watching through what i read here. the think is that i didn't found any useful information today,
but i've got curious anyhow. i checked the tvrage page as well, i saw a ginourmous 9 out of ten, and
give it a try.

i'm what can be called a jolly cynic. a romantic deep down my heart that has been disappointed so
many times that ended up being a pessimistic (realistic i say to them), ironic, acid funny bastard.
that's why i liked the show. it's fun, has lots of words and long speeches on it (that's where the
being foreigner and learning english bit comes to play), it talks about love (that's where the romantic
part comes to play) and as the male protagonist says "it's funny and true and mean... my favourite
kind" and i love it.

i hope my opinion helps someone, either to watch it or not. ^^
[#215847] Written by: Fatesender [19/07/2014, 13:19]
well ...........that caused a discussion.

i more meant that i'm surprised i liked a show with 2 characters that are going to have to walk a
really really fine line to not be hated characters.
[#215835] Written by: BoonesFerry [19/07/2014, 14:50]

thanks everyone, for your comments. i've enjoyed reading them.

some ratings info from imdb: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3228420/ratings
197 imdb users have given a weighted average vote of 7.9
arithmetic mean: 8.1
median: 9
males: 8.0
females: 7.2
combined, under 30 approx. 8.0
combined, over 30 approx. 7.4

[#215848] Written by: davee [19/07/2014, 15:01]
i'm <10 mins in and i'm sold. i think it's great, doesn't hurt that i'm finding the female lead hot
as hell. she looked familiar so i checked imdb and she was in traffic light (2011). that's another
great show that unfortunately only ran for 13 episodes but is well worth watching.
[#215849] Written by: kelliek [19/07/2014, 17:51]
i really liked it! looking forward to more episodes
[#215850] Written by: beeskneez [20/07/2014, 00:40]
me too ..liked it.. rare
[#215864] Written by: ockraz [20/07/2014, 09:35]
Quote by fatesender
i more meant that i'm surprised i liked a show with 2 characters that are going to
have to walk a really really fine line to not be hated characters.

that's my thinking, except that so far i don't feel like they've done enough to stay on the 'good
side' of that line. i may give it another chance next week, but based on the pilot at least, i don't
really want to spend time with these characters because i already have a strong dislike of them. i
mean, put it this way, given a lifeboat scenario, choosing between one of them and a dog... i'd have
to give it some thought. if one of the folks on the raft says it's their seeing eye dog, then i'm
voting for the dog. also, apart from being british, the male protagonist just seems like he's a
carbon copy of hank moody.

[#215881] Written by: BoonesFerry [20/07/2014, 13:07]

i finally watched it and i rather enjoyed it.
looking forward the next episode.

p.s. definitely save the seeing eye dog.
ssl  EZTV RSS EZTV Status | EZTV API | DMCA: [email protected]